For more than 20 years, Dr. Troy Noonan has developed a reputation for positive outcomes by treating thousands of adults, children, and adolescents for various conditions that require psychiatric care.
Dr. Noonan received his B.S. from Tulane University, his M.D. from Finch University at the Chicago Medical School, and his General Psychiatry Residency at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. He also completed a Child Fellowship at USF College of Medicine and is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology and is Board Eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
He has served patients in private practice in the Tampa Bay area since 2001. He was the Chief Resident of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at USF’s Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine, and he served as a Medical Student Stress Prevention Counselor.
He is a member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Florida Psychiatric Society.
Dr. Noonan also has a wealth of teaching experience. Since 2002, he has lectured students working on social work degrees on the uses of psychotropic drugs in children, adolescents, and adults. He has also lectured USF medical students on the basics of general and child psychiatry. He has consulted with medical students on case conferences that deal with complicated child and adolescent cases.
He has published the following manuscripts:
- T. Noonan, E.J. Carter, P.A. Edelman, and B.E. Zawacki (1994) epidermal lipids and the natural history of hydrofluoric acid (HF) injury. Burns, 20 (3), 202-206
- W. Raboff, M.D. Calobrace, G. Anthony, et al. T. Noonan, W. Hofstetter, L. LaBree, P. chandrasoma, and H. Siberman (1994) Mesh Reinforcements Increases Bursting Strength of Intestinal Anastamoses in Steroid-Treated Rabbits. The American Surgeon, Vol. 60, No. 10, pp721-727.
He also published this abstract:
- T. Noonan, E.J. Carter, P.A. Edelman, and B.E. Zawacki (1994) epidermal lipids and the natural history of hydrofluoric acid (HF) injury. American Burn Society, 25th Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, Ohio, March 24-27, 1993
Dr. Noonan treats patients who have been diagnosed with the following issues:
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Delusional Disorder
- Disruptive, impulse control, and conduct disorder
- Dissociative Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Dysphoria
- Intellectual Disability
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Specific Learning Disorder
- Tourette’s and Tick Disorders
Dr. Noonan’s private practice, Mental Health Management Group, is located at 1119 Nikki View Drive, Brandon, FL 33511. The telephone number is (813) 657-7022.