Maggie Garcia Neidhardt, ED.S., NCSP
- Licensed School Psychologist with a Specialist degree in School Psychology from Valdosta State University
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist with the National Association of School Psychologists
- Florida Department of Education Certificates held in School Psychology, Elementary Education K-6, Exceptional Student Education K-12, Reading K-12, and Educational Leadership
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email
Specialization: With 27 years of experience, I specialize in providing comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations designed to deliver valuable information for those working directly with students at the instructional level. I conduct assessments tailored to individual children to explore symptoms associated with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia (learning disabilities), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism, Anxiety, giftedness, and other social/emotional conditions.
- Psychoeducational Evaluations
- Special Education Advocacy
- Counseling with children and adolescents
Style: I believe evaluations should be thorough, providing a wealth of information teachers can use to support students directly. I also write reports that paint a clear and vivid picture of a child’s strengths and challenges, so that instructional support can be built on competence areas. I am a fierce advocate for student needs.
Biography: I began my career as a special education teacher, working with students with severe emotional and behavioral problems and severe learning disabilities. In that role, I was selected to train for the state of Georgia in both reading and classroom management. Upon returning to my home state of Florida, I have had extensive experience in the public school system at both the school and district level, making me acutely aware of school-based services, in best practice and according to the law.
Websites I recommend and use in my practice:
Books I recommend and are available on Amazon:
- Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- The Parents’ Guide to Specific Learning Difficulties by Veronica Bidwell